Sunday, September 23, 2012

A Very Magical Gift

A couple of weeks ago we were given the most magical gift.  Really, it all started more than a couple of weeks ago...  but, two weeks ago it happened.

We took Princess Nicola and her three sisters and we boarded a plane and we went to Disneyland.

To say that the experience was incredible is the understatement of the century, but what made it even more spectacular was that it was a gift, an incredibly humbling and touching gift from my daughter's school and our school community to our family.

A gift that gave us an experience that we can never, ever, in a million years hope to replicate.

I know there are going to be some people who will shrug that statement off.  I know, yeah, it's just Disneyland.  We can always go back...  No matter what happens in the future, Disneyland will still be there...

But I know it will never be like that again.

I mean, to start with...


That is just one of many photos that shows the importance of the trip.  There are four children in that photo.  Count them...  four...  one...  two...  three...  four.

That is something that I know in my heart I will not be able to achieve again.

The inclusion that we found for Nicola was just absolutely phenomenal.

Disneyland is often referred to as the happiest place on earth, and to be honest, I can understand why.

Everywhere we went within the park the staff went out of their way to ensure that we had a positive experience.  

Everyone showered Princess Nicola with love, treasures and trinkets.  Every experience was astounding...  and many times both Michael and I found ourselves stopping and taking deep breaths.

We had to stop, we had to breath because most everything that happened took our breath away, humbled us and made us incredibly grateful for this amazing gift, but also reminded us of why this trip was so very important... and how incredibly fragile the happiness we found was.

But, for the most part we managed to put our emotions aside long enough to revel in the joy of our children as we watched them on the experience of a life time.



























We ended up trading up our 4 day passes to include an extra 5th day, just so we would have more time to revel in the magic that is the happiest place on earth.

Now, we are home...  we got home late Thursday and the last few days have been manic busy, but still, each day has been peppered with reminders of the most incredibly, amazingly, magically happy holiday that we could ever have possibly hoped to have taken...  and the fact that it was such a special gift made every moment all the more precious and all the more magical.

To everyone who helped to make this happen, thank you.  From the bottoms of our hearts, thank you.  You have given us something that cannot be quantified.  You have gifted us with memories, you have made a dream come true, and you have blessed our family more than you could ever even begin to comprehend.

No matter what happens in the future, no matter what tomorrow will bring, we will always have Disneyland.




5 comments:

Leanne said...

Wow awesome. Love your photos. Emma was supposed to be going to Disneyland for her Make a Wish but they cancelled it once they found out that her cancer was now "terminal" Emma is absolutely mortified as you could imagine :-(
I am hoping that we will be able to get her there though
It looks like Nicola had the most wonderful time ever
Leanne xxx

Beautiful Bree said...

These photos are beautiful. The ones of Nicola enjoying herself so much have me bawling. Thank you for sharing your magical experience with us <3

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I'm so glad that your trip went so well. There were several days that I paused and thought of you all, and hoped that dreams were coming true and wonderful memories were being made.

I went away on holidays with my own little family and literally every day I thought of you and realised just how blessed I am. I felt humbled. I deserve that no more than every other mother in the world, it shatters me to think that not every one of us gets it.

My love to you. My thoughts, always. You and your family are in my heart every single day.

Alice said...

What beautiful pics of Princess Nicola! I love the happiness in her face. Love the pic of the four girls at the beginning of this blog. Tears of joy, and all my love, with you always xxx

Miss P said...

Jo, you know words always fail me, so I will just keep stating the obvious. You are amazing and I love you.

Post a Comment